ReStore – Volunteer
Without the help of our selfless volunteers, Central Minnesota Habitat for Humanity ReStore would be unable to operate in the best way to serve our customers and the community as a whole. Volunteering at CMHFH ReStore is more than just a way to feel good, it is a real way to make CMHFH ReStore succeed and provide needed funds so that Habitat for Humanity can continue providing shelter for local families in need. If you have been considering sharing your time, talent, and effort with a local non-profit organization, we at CMHFH ReStore warmly invite you to consider volunteering here and being a part of something great; helping carry out the mission to help others in desperate need of a home.
When you volunteer at CMHFH ReStore, you will find that each day brings a new adventure. Some of the things our volunteers do so well is receiving donations, merchandising, customer service, and a number of different tasks that allow the CMHFH ReStore retail operations to run smoothly. CMHFH ReStore volunteers will:
- Assist donors, unload donations, and participate in donor relations
- Assist with processing and prepare product for the sales floor
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe retail facility
- Greet and assist customers, answer questions, and other basic service activities
- Other tasks as the need arises
Your Best, Our Best
The experiences our customers have are very important to ensure the continued success of CMHFH ReStore. We are seeking individuals that possess the skills and talents that best serve the needs of CMHFH ReStore. If you possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, have a willingness to learn, can build relationships with donors and advocate for the CMHFH ReStore, can work without strong supervision, and are adaptable to daily tasks, the CMHFH ReStore would be grateful for your help. We are seeking those who:
- Are able to pleasantly interact with donors, customers, volunteers, and staff
- Can understand and follow written and oral directions
- Are comfortable working in a warehouse/retail environment
- Are 16 years of age or older
- Will consent to a criminal background check and sex offender registry check
We invite you to visit VolunteerUp our, online volunteer scheduling program. If this is your first time volunteering with us you’ll need to create an account. Once you have signed in you can see our volunteer calendar and sign up for any shift that fits your schedule!
If you have questions please fill out the form to the right, or call (320) 281-3167.
See other volunteer opportunities at CMHFH.
* Denotes required field