Anyone can contribute to CMHFH and we welcome volunteers of all ages. However, in accordinance with Federal Labor Laws there are limitations to what activites volunteers under the age of 18 can participate in.16+ Years of Age
- Can participate in construction but may not perform hazardous activities (this includes power tools, motorized vehicles, demolition, roofing, excavation, or working at heights of six feet or more)
- Cannot volunteer on construction sites while construction is taking place
- Can help with clean up, landscaping, or painting on construction sites
- Can help with lawn mowing, shoveling, or cleaning
- Deliver flyers
- Help with baking
- Bike in the Habitat 500
- Host a fundraiser
*All youth require supervision at a 2 to 1 ratio To read more about these policies you can visit the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry’s website. Ways to Get Youth Involved A simple and great way to get youth involved is through fundraising and advocating. Volunteers in the past have ran lemonade stand fundraisers, challenged their school to penny wars, or helped us deliver flyers to local neighborhoods. If you want to get your family, classroom, youth group, or club involved with CMHFH please contact our Volunteer Manager (320-248-8256) for more ideas!
Girls BuildCMHFH now has Girl’s Build available! Girl’s Build is a five module curriculum that is perfect for Girl Scouts, Boys and Girl’s Club, church groups, etc. Girls Build provides a fun learning environment to builds girls’ confidence in making successful decisions about their future. Girls Build is also a great way to involve girls who want to get involved in Habitat’s ministry in some way but are not yet old enough to work on a build site. The program kits teach girls
- The importance of getting involved in their local communities.
- The reality of poverty housing.
- How Habitat works to build homes with partner families.
- The benefits of homeownership and safe neighborhoods.